Event InfoConvention Information
- To receive the above rate, registration must be postmarked 30 days prior to the event or a late fee will automatically be applied.
- Space is limited for observers and participants.
- Observers must pre-register for the event to receive the discounted rate of $40 or a late fee will apply. We recommend observers be pre-registered since space is not guaranteed at the event. If there is space available at the event, the on-site observer fee is $45.
- One day and children rates are available at the event (space permitting). Please contact our main office at (888) 473-5383 for more details.
- NEW: Personal or studio checks will NOT be accepted after the 30 day deadline
- Bring 6-20 Paying Students— 1 Teacher attends free
- Bring 21-39 Paying Students— 2 Teachers OR 1 Teacher/1 Teacher Assistant attend free
- Bring 40-59 Paying Students— 2 Teachers AND 1 Teacher Assistant attend free plus one free hotel room night
- Bring 60 & Up Paying Students— 2 Teachers AND 2 Teacher Assistants attend free plus two free hotel room nights
- If you are bringing 80 students or more, please call the main office at 888-473-5383 to discuss if additional discounts are available based on enrollment numbers.
Free hotel room night applicable to host hotel only AND at the Co. Dance rate. Above discount does not include students who are attending convention on scholarship. Teachers are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.
- Teacher assistants, seniors, teens, juniors and petites attending a second city will receive a 25% discount on the appropriate price.
- Any teacher attending a second city will receive a 50% discount on the teacher price.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the office at the time of registration in order to receive the discount.
CATEGORIES FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS
- Teachers/Studio Owners/Teacher Assistants (Age 16 & Up)
- Senior Students (Age 14 & Up)
- Teen Students (Age 11-13)
- Junior Students (Age 8-10)
- Advanced 7 year olds accepted by special request only.
- Please contact (888) 473-5383.
- Petite Students (Age 5-7)
Minimum age for Teacher’s Room is 16 and for the Petite Room is 5.
Teachers are allowed to observe and participate in all ballrooms. Teacher’s receive VIP access to the Teacher’s Luncheon and Teacher’s Lounge. Registered teachers from each studio will be allowed to observe auditions.
Assistant Teachers may participate in the teacher and senior room only and may observe in the teen and junior room. Teacher Assistants may also participate in auditions if within the age category. (Check Scholarship Auditions)
Senior students may participate in only the senior room as well as auditions within the appropriate age category. (Check Scholarship Auditions)
Teen students may participate in only the teen room as well as auditions within the appropriate age category. (Check Scholarship Auditions).
Junior students may participate in only the junior room as well as auditions within the appropriate age category. (Check Scholarship Auditions).
Petite students may participate in the Petite room (Saturday half day only) and may not participate in auditions. A minimum number of students need to be registered in order for the Petite room to take place during the convention.
Observers (no teachers, studio owners, managers, or dancers) are allowed with paid students only and must pay the appropriate fee. Observers must pre-register for the event to receive the discounted rate of $40 or a late fee will apply. We recommend observers be pre-registered since space is not guaranteed at the event. If there is space available at the event, the on-site observer fee is $45. There is no admittance in the teacher’s room or auditions. To ensure a professional class environment, observers must abide by the following rules. Failure to do so will result in observer privileges being revoked. Teachers are responsible for the conduct of their observers as listed below:
- Observers must sit in a designated area.
- No excessive talking or noise. Please be respectful of dancers taking class and take all discussions outside of ballroom.
- No food or drink allowed in the ballrooms.
Chaperones age 21 or older are required for all participants. Chaperone will be responsible for participants at all times. Co. Dance is not responsible for participants’ supervision.
At each convention there will be an optional junior (ages 7-10), teen (ages 11-13), and senior (ages 14-19) audition. Age will determine if a student will audition as a junior, teen or senior not by what ballroom they are registered for convention. Petite students will not be allowed to participate in auditions. A progression or combination will be taught during the audition (no original choreography is needed). Registered teachers from each studio will be allowed to observe. The number of audition winners may vary depending on convention size and skill level. Dancers are eligible for only one scholarship even if they attend multiple cities. Each audition winner will receive a 2014-2015 Co. Dance Scholarship as well as qualify to compete for “Performer of the Year” at our 2015 National Finals. Scholarship recipients cannot use their scholarships to register as Teachers. Co. Dance reserves the right to take into consideration studios rules pertaining to dancer’s eligibility.
Registered studios bringing a minimum of 6 paying students receive one scholarship from Co. Dance to award to a dancer of their choice to be used for the current 2013-2014 season. This scholarship should be awarded to a dancer based on leadership skills alone. Recipients of this scholarship must be between 15-19 years of age. The scholarship includes convention tuition and a certificate. Scholarships are limited to use in the senior room only and can be redeemed on the convention registration form. Recipients must be pre-registered. No credits or refunds will be given at the event or following the event.
- There are no refunds.
- Registration must be postmarked 30 days prior to the convention or a late fee will automatically apply. (see convention fees)
- Personal or studio checks will NOT be accepted after the 30 day deadline
- REGISTER EARLY! Space for convention is limited and may be full prior to 30 days out. Registration will be accepted only if space is available on a first come first served basis.
- No faxed registration forms or medical release forms will be accepted.
- If registering by mail, please only use the official registration forms found at www.codance.com. Registrations by mail will only be accepted via these forms.
- Duplicate registration forms are available online at www.codance.com.
- Registrations will be permitted the morning of the convention ONLY if space is available. Please contact the office prior to arriving. Space is not guaranteed and may be sold out.
- Leadership Recipients must be pre-registered. No credits or refunds given at or following the event.
- At the door, registration must be paid by cash, credit card, cashier’s check or money order.
- Co. Dance reserves the right to begin classes on Friday night.
- Co. Dance reserves the right to refuse admittance or to have removed from convention any person displaying unacceptable behavior as determined by Co. Dance management.
- No video-taping, flash photography, or audio recording during class time. Violation may result in dismissal from the convention.
- Wristbands for entry into ballrooms must be worn throughout the convention and competition. Please do not remove your wristband at any time. If for some reason you need to replace your wristband, your old wristband must be turned in at that time.
- No large dance bags or luggage allowed in ballrooms.
- All dancers must wear a cover up and shoes when outside of the ballroom area.
- Please respect the privacy of the hotel guests and keep noise to a minimum. Co. Dance reserves the right to dismiss anyone who is disruptive to the convention.
- Outside food is not allowed in most of our facilities. In these instances, concessions will be set up. Co. Dance must adhere to facility rules per our contractual agreement with each of our venues. Please contact our main office for more information on individual facilities.
- Convention policies and event structure are subject to change.
- Co. Dance reserves the right to cancel events based on enrollment.
You will receive your event confirmation, via e-mail, ten (10) days prior to the event. Packets will include information about the convention and competition entries (if applicable). Please bring a copy of your confirmation to registration at the convention.
Please use our contact form below for all inquiries.